The Outdoor Active Recreation Grants support community efforts to create low barrier outdoor recreational opportunities that encourages residents to live more active, healthy lifestyles.
Eligible Project Types
Individual project eligibility is determined by the Trust at its sole discretion. The types of projects that may be eligible include, but are not limited to:
- the development or enhancement of outdoor recreation facilities such as in-place exercise equipment, multi-purpose courts and fields, disc golf courses, bike parks and pump tracks, skate parks, outdoor rinks, pools, and playgrounds;
- adapting outdoor recreation facilities to improve accessibility for persons with disabilities;
- installing or upgrading amenities to enhance safety or user experience such as shade structures, bike racks, washrooms; or
- upgrades that enhance existing facilities for multi-sport or multi-purpose use.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, local governments, and First Nations Communities in the Columbia Basin Trust region.
How to Apply
You are encouraged to contact Trust staff to discuss projects.
- Download and review the Program Guide and Application Guide.
- Complete the online application form.
If you prefer to submit a paper application, or if you have any questions about the application process, please contact Trust staff at email@example.com or 1.800.505.8998.
The application deadline is January 14, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. MT.